Applying for Grants
The first stepto determine if grant support is available and eligible, from the Arctic Slope Fund, is to thoroughly review these Grantmaking Guidelines. Please ensure all fields are completed. If the information requested does not pertain to your organization, please mark the field with “N/A” or “None.”
The following section describes requirements for all grant requests:
Grant Requests up to $9,999
1.) Complete and sign a "Grant Application Cover Sheet" (manditory form);
2.) Complete an "Implementation Schedule" (manditory form);
3.) Complete an itemized Project Budget Form (manditory form)
4.) Grant Project Narrative (manditory);
Try to limit narrative to no more than 2 pages, please discuss the following:
The narrative must cover the following questions:
1. Brief history of organization
2. How will the grant funds get expended?
3. How will the project impacted your organization and/or your constituency?
4. What community need that the project/program will be met?
5. What are the goals of the project?
6. How will the goals be met?
7. What are your anticipated outcomes?
8. How will you measure your outcomes?
9. What are the objectives of the project?
10. How many participants do you anticipate having? And how may were North Slope residents?
11. What other funding sources be contributing to the project and at what level of funding?
- Current status of the project
- Narrative write up of the Itemized list of specific project items & costs
- Amount requested from the Arctic Slope Community Foundation
- If relevant, list the source(s) and amount(s) of any project funds raised to date or pending, and how the organization anticipates raising the balance
Grant Requests from $10,000 to $24,999
Include all of the above items, and in addition:
- List any additional sources of funding for the project, either recived or applied for.
Grants over $25,000
Before submitting a proposal, organizations requesting over $25,000 should send a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) to determine ASCF’s interest.
The LOI should include the following information:
- A brief description of the program or service,
- The amount being request,
- A completed Grant Application Cover Sheet.